Tyre Molds – Laser Cleaning
Extending the life of your mould
When it comes to the challenge of cleaning tyre moulds, laser cleaning delivers excellent results – from handheld to fully automated laser cleaning systems. Handheld lasers offer ease of use with the flexibility to quickly clean difficult surfaces, when and where it’s necessary. Fully automated laser systems can clean a wide-range of disassembled mould components including clamshell moulds, mould segments, sidewalls and bead rings with precision, speed, safely and cost-effectively.
Laser cleaning extends mould life. The process removes fouling and residues from sensitive surfaces without the wear caused by abrasive grit blasting or damage from kinetic energy. Moreover, laser cleaning does not force debris into micro-vents (e.g. Thielmann-vents or Euro-vents) and it can be used safely on moulds with spring-type vents.
The special sideWALL optic for semi-automated cleaning of side-walls including engravings removes mould residues within minutes to give tyres a perfect gloss level while it helps prevent mould flash.
The system is laser safe (Class 1) and can easily be mounted by a single person.
- Uses no media – eliminate the cost of consumable ice pellets or abrasive blasting grit
- No mould wear – extends service life
- No damage to spring vents moulds
- Cleans moulds cold or hot – no need to pre-heat
- Easy to operate
- Can be used safely
- Green process – no secondary waste
- Flexible operation for a wide-range of mould designs and surface geometries
- Very low operating cost
- Precise, gentle & quiet
- Compact system design uses minimal floor space in busy plant areas
- Clean moulds in as little as 30 minutes (depending on size and condition)
- High reliability
- Very low maintenance
- Useful for many in-plant cleaning applications
Need more information?
If you would like some more information, please complete this short contact form and we will be in touch with you shortly.